HMAS Perth(I) Exhibition
HMAS Perth(I) Exhibition to be held in the City of Perth Town Hall under croft which be open to the public on the 28th of Feb., 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of March – Times 10.00am to 4:00pm to commemorate the loss of the Perth(I) and USS Houston at the Battle of Sunda Strait in 1942.
The HMAS Perth(I) Memorial Foundation with the help of the City of Perth are putting on this exhibition to promote the proposal of building a memorial to those lost during the battle, those who died in captivity and those who returned after the war.
The following will be the main attractions….
- A model of the proposed memorial to be built on Riverside Road, East Fremantle.
- Artefacts and paintings of the Perth (I) provided by the City of Perth and the HMAS Stirling museum.
- Eight banners describing the Battle of Sunda Strait.
- Large scale models of all five ships of the ABDA force that were sunk by the Japanese during this period including the HMAS Perth(I) and the USS Huston.
- Naval book display by Boffins book shop.